- Wisconsin Chess Association in Madison, WI
- Power of Pawns Club in Brookfield, WI
- Green Bay Area Chess Association in Green Bay, WI
- Southwest Chess Club in Hales Corners, WI
- WSCF WI Scholastic Chess Club in Milwaukee, WI
- International Academy of Chess Club in Milwaukee, WI
- Waukesha Chess Club in Waukesha, WI
One of the earliest known chess clubs in Wisconsin was the Milwaukee Chess Club, which was founded in 1883.
In the early 20th century, chess in Wisconsin began to gain popularity, with several other chess clubs being established in cities such as Madison, Green Bay, and Racine. The Madison Chess Club, for example, was founded in 1901, and the Green Bay Chess Club was established in 1920.
In the 1920s and 1930s, Wisconsin produced several notable chess players, including National Master Charles Bagby, who was born in Milwaukee in 1878 and later went on to become one of the strongest chess players in the state.